Leadership Burbank, Class of ‘23 is shifting the paradigm on plastic by raising money to install bottle filling stations at Burbank Unified School District (BUSD) Elementary Schools
REUSE water containers
Add REFILL stations to support BUSD
RETHINK the future of our city & planet
Thank you to everyone who supported
the Leadership Burbank Class of 2022- 2023!
Let’s Dive In:
OUR GOAL: To purchase and install bottle filling stations in partnership with BUSD’s elementary schools!
Bottle filling stations promote the use of reusable bottles, and will help keep Burbank beautiful with the reduction of plastic litter.
As a community, more than 16,700,000 single-use plastic water bottles could be removed from the waste system if everyone in Burbank switched to reusable water bottles. Let’s get started with BUSD and support the generation that is going to live in our community for years to come!
Why this Matters:
Our plastic pollution is a problem for future generations, here’s why:
- Enough plastics enter the ocean annually to cover every foot of coastline on earth.
- Plastic injures and kills millions of animals every year.
- Every 30 seconds, 1 person dies of diseases from plastic and waste.
- Despite being “recyclable” even at their most broken down, plastics are forever. Microplastics are present in our earth, water, and even food.
- For more information on the impact of plastic, check out the Plastic Pollution coalition.
Let’s create a ripple effect for clean, sustainable change in our community
…water you waiting for?
How you can help?
- Download our information sheet and help us create a ripple effect and rethink the future of our city & planet. Together, we can help Burbank swim in the right direction…
- LB23 Class Project Information Sheet
- PowerPoint Deck (Coming Soon)
- Who’s Who in LB23
The mission of Leadership Burbank is to identify, educate, and motivate current and emerging leaders in Burbank to develop ideas and solutions that make Burbank a strong, sustainable, and vibrant community. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, all donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Tax ID# 91-2168014