Leadership Burbank’s Board of Directors is currently seeking applications for its Administrative Assistant.
As a part-time position, the Administrative Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative duties for Leadership Burbank, including supporting the Board of Directors, coordinating the day-to-day operations of the organization, and successfully implementing Leadership Burbank’s programs. Here is a link to the full description.
- 2-3 years related background in the nonprofit sector, program administration, operations,
communications, marketing, or related field.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
- Prior experience in a nonprofit, civic, or other community-based organization preferred.
- Ability to use computer software applications, including Donor Perfect or other non-profit database
management system. Proficiency in MS Office required.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and marketing strategies to engage users in
order to grow Leadership Burbank’s social presence (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
- Highly organized skillset and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work and manage projects in a team or independently from start to finish
- Maintains a proactive, positive attitude and has the ability to interact constructively in a diverse
- Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program
activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, reach, and move around the work environment.
- Ability to occasionally life and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Supports the Board of Directors in governance and fundraising activities/events for the organization.
- Coordinates with the Program Chair to ensure the success of programs including hosting of
recruitment mixers, new class reception, and orientation for students; working with the program’s
facilitators and guest speakers; maintaining accurate and timely registration process for all students;
coordinating meals for class members on class days; and coordinating with host venues regarding
logistics, safety, and security.
- Produces and maintains all organizational documents, including but not limited to, schedules,
calendars, board packets, donor databases, and invoices.
- Manages communications for LB including telephone calls, email, and website traffic.
- Ability to work remotely and attend meetings locally.
- Maintains database resource file on all LB Alumni and community stakeholders.
- Assists in the development and distribution of marketing and promotions, including the coordination of
LB photo material and social media.
- Attends all board meetings and LB events.
- Coordinates with the Board Treasurer to maintain systems for revenue and expense monitoring and
prepares and submits documentation and reports as required. Also oversees program spending and
obtains authorization accordingly.
- Coordinates with board officers to ensure the timely filing of tax documents, insurance renewals,
501c3 required filings and other related business matters.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to maintain efficiency throughout the organization.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested Candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and three professional recommendations to
email@example.com. Deadline to apply is Monday, July 31, 2023
ABOUT LEADERSHIP BURBANK:
The mission of Leadership Burbank is to identify, educate, and motivate current and emerging leaders in
Burbank to develop ideas and solutions that make Burbank a strong, sustainable, and vibrant community.
More than twenty-five years ago, Leadership Burbank was founded by the City of Burbank, Burbank Unified School District and the Burbank Chamber of Commerce to build a better Burbank. Established in 1995, Leadership programs are developed to provide educational and motivational curriculum for current and emerging leaders to enhance their personal and professional skills, gain a deeper understanding of community dynamics, and build a network of colleagues and associates throughout the city.
Through the program, more than 25 community projects have provided over half a million dollars in goods and services that directly impact local nonprofits, the community, BUSD and the city of Burbank. The Leadership Burbank Alumni consists of over 500 alumni who live or work in Burbank are comprised of government, executive and civil leaders, serve on the Board of Directors of local nonprofits, participate in the city’s government by serving on a Board or Commission, or serve as elected officials for the city of Burbank or Burbank Unified.
Leadership Burbank is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.