Leadership Burbank’s nine-month leadership training program helps aspiring leaders like you enhance their personal and professional skills and gain a deeper understanding of community dynamics – while introducing them to the network of key individuals and organizations through Burbank who effect change on a daily basis. Our program helps you navigate the inner workings of City Hall, essential non-profits, the business and faith communities, and important civic organizations. Meanwhile, our hands-on curriculum, led by experienced educators in association with a major university, addresses issues of leadership, social justice, public safety, economic viability and the environment through real-world tutorials designed to set you on your path as a future leader in your community.
Leadership Burbank begins in September of each year and culminates with the graduation in May of the following year. Classes are held one Friday per month for nine months.
- August 14th; Orientation
- September 13th; Stregth-Based and Value Driven Leadership
- October 11th; Shaping Community and Local Government
- November 1st; Leadership: A Regional View and Change
- December 6th; Community, Class Values, and Project Selection
- January 18th; Conflict Management
- February 7th; Community Engagement, Conflict Resolution, and Serving Vulnerable Populations
- March 6th; Education & Leadership, and Leading a Change Organization
- April 3rd; Mission Driven Leadership
- May 1st; Capstone