Leadership Burbank’s nine-month leadership training program helps aspiring leaders like you enhance their personal and professional skills and gain a deeper understanding of community dynamics – while introducing them to the network of key individuals and organizations through Burbank who effect change on a daily basis. Our program helps you navigate the inner workings of City Hall, essential non-profits, the business and faith communities, and important civic organizations. Meanwhile, our hands-on curriculum, led by experienced educators in association with a major university, addresses issues of leadership, social justice, public safety, economic viability and the environment through real-world tutorials designed to set you on your path as a future leader in your community.
Leadership Burbank begins in September of each year and culminates with the graduation in May of the following year. Classes are held one Friday per month for nine months. The 2016-2017 class sessions will meet from 8am to 5pm on the following schedule:
- September 9; Theories of Leadership
- October 14; Shaping Community and Local Government
- November 4; Critical Thinking and Emotional Intelligence
- December 2; Values and Decision Making
- January 13; Community and Economic Development
- February 3; Mission Driven Leadership
- March 3; Education and Leadership and Leading a Change Organization
- April 7; Leading through Conflict and Conflict Management
- May 5; Capstone
The Leadership Burbank program is facilitated by the Department of Organizational Leadership at Woodbury University.