Leadership Burbank’s nine-month leadership training program helps aspiring leaders like you enhance their personal and professional skills and gain a deeper understanding of community dynamics – while introducing them to the network of key individuals and organizations through Burbank who effect change on a daily basis. Our program helps you navigate the inner workings of City Hall, essential non-profits, the business and faith communities, and important civic organizations. Meanwhile, our hands-on curriculum, led by experienced educators in association with a major university, addresses issues of leadership, social justice, public safety, economic viability and the environment through real-world tutorials designed to set you on your path as a future leader in your community.
Leadership Burbank begins in September of each year and culminates with the graduation in May of the following year. Classes are held one Friday per month for nine months.
- August 18, 2021; Orientation
- September 10, 2021; Strength-Based and Value Driven Leadership
- October 8, 2021; Shaping Community and Local Government
- November 12, 2021; The Burbank Business Community and When the Social Safety Net Becomes the Foundation of a Community
- December 10, 2021; Community, Class Values, and Project Selection
- January 14, 2022; Conflict Management
- February 11, 2022; Community Engagement, Conflict Resolution and When the Impossible Becomes the New Reality: COVID Lessons in Rapid Change Management
- March 11, 2022; Education and Social Justice: Social & Racial Equity
- April 8, 2022; Mission Driven Leadership
- May 13, 2022; Capstone
- May 18, 2022; Graduation