1. Please list your current employer/occupation, your class year, the name of your class project and your role in making the project happen.
a. I am the superintendent of the Burbank Unified School District. LB Class 2019. Our class project was Burbank Babies. We raised funds and renovated the YMCA child care center so that they could serve more children. I was a member of the fundraising team.
2. What has been your career path since completing LB? Special or noteworthy accomplishments?
a. I have continued to serve as the superintendent of BUSD (finishing my 6th year).
3. How has LB helped in other areas of your life?
a. Leadership Burbank provided me with a deeper understanding of the Burbank community. I greatly enjoyed the opportunity to receive a behind-the-scenes look at all aspects of the City. I also appreciated the opportunity to reflect on my leadership style and form new friendships.
4. Was there anything you picked up in LB that might have helped you in dealing with the pandemic?
a. LB taught me the power of partnerships and learning from leaders. Throughout the pandemic, BUSD has had to become more innovative and adaptive. Our partnerships with the City, businesses, and non-profit community have allowed us to navigate this very challenging year. Examples include the City/BUSD partnership to vaccinate city employees and BUSD employees, our partnership with MOCEAN last year to create virtual graduations, and our ongoing partnerships with non-profits to serve students.
5. What are your hopes for future classes of LB and how they may continue to impact the community?
a. As we emerge out of this pandemic, I am excited to hear about the planning for next year’s class. Leadership Burbank has the opportunity to be innovative as it develops and connects leaders within Burbank. Now more than ever it is important to create those opportunities.